Thursday, September 14, 2006,5:26 AM
so now the kazakh starts...
So the days have been getting longer here as we add more and more onto our schedules. I now take Kazakh class as well as Russian. The Kazakh alphabet actually has more letters than the Russian alphabet. My language group had our first English club today and it went really well. Many more children than we expected showed up and they ranged in age from 5th form (kinda like grade) to 11th form. We have also started our practicum teaching. My first lesson was short and really just about myself. We were trying to get the kids accustomed to native speakers and trying to train ourselves to slow down our speech. Tomorrow I have a relatively short day, we only have Russian class for 5 hours. My group is talking about going into Almaty after class and I am planning on going with so that I can check my email and post this to my blog. Also I apoligize for not having written anyone snail mail, but everytime I go to the post office to get envelopes they are closed or there is a long cue that I don’t have the free time to wait in. It would also help if I had remembered to bring my address book. If you do want mail from me it would be prudent of you to email me your address (phone number would be good too). Check out my photos (I haven't put many up yet) at http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeekaz/ hope to hear from you all soon!
 
posted by Aimee | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Aimee - loved the pictures, but just wish I knew what was what. I assume it's the town you are in now and fellow volunteers?
    Love ya, Mom