Sunday, October 29, 2006,3:53 AM
Training is quickly coming to an end here in Kaz. I only have to teach for two more days. We take our language test next weekend and I am not quite sure I will get novice high on it. Our offical swearing in is on November 10th. I will probably leave for my permanent site on the 11th. Since I do not have a phone yet in the house I am moving into and there is absolutly no cell phone service in my village if anyone wants to talk to me they should do it before the 11th. I really liked my site visit and my village. It is very small and isolated. There is a bigger town 30 minutes away but it is difficult to get a taxi out of my village and the roads are bad. I think there are more geese and ducks in my village than people. My counterpart is really nice and I am excited to teach with her. The entire village was very welcoming and nice, but it will probably take me awhile to get used to living in such a small village without being able to really communicate with anyone. I know that eventually I will learn Kazakh or Russian but I still have limited communicative abilities at the moment.
 
posted by Aimee | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So glad to finally get another post. This one didn't come up when I went in the first time. Only after I left a comment. Good luck with your test and all. I know you will do fine since I sent notecards! How about pictures of your group with names and hometowns? Love ya, Mom

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    How about an update? How is your new town? Are you adapting? We miss you and love you. You can text too.
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Thanksgiving. Miss you!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    How about a new update? what's up? It's been over a month.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Everyone should write a letter, she would appreciate mail!! Beth