Thursday, February 01, 2007,11:09 PM
Happy Holidays
This post is going to be really short because it is about Christmas. For those of you who don’t know, Kaz is a mostly Muslim country and the Russian Orthodox people that do celebrate x-mas do so on a different day since theirs doesn’t land on December 25th. The day started out as a typical school day. I got up, ran outside in the cold and snow to the outhouse, turned on the gas so I could heat some water, got dressed, drank chai, and went to school. The students were particularly uncomprehending that day I think because my team-teacher Nazira wasn’t there. They don’t try to understand as much when they know she isn’t there to translate for them when they need it. After classes I packed an overnight bag and went to Sarkand to hang out with Ehren. We had some leftovers from the big Christmas Eve turkey that Ehren’s host mom made for Christmas Eve. Then we watched a movie. Overall it wasn’t a particularly memorable Christmas. However, next year should be good since I am planning on traveling over the winter break. I hope all of you had a great Christmas/ Hanukkah and all that jazz.
 
posted by Aimee | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thanks for the update! I never got the Turkey one until this posted. What challenges, but I know you can handle it!
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Aimee - What happened to your blog? It now has a black backqround and is really hard to read? Miss you!
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thank you so much for changing the background back to white! I can read it!
    Love, Mom

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    UPDSTE PLEASE!!!